Sash

Sash from Sash & Em

I run a blog with my best friend, Em - we love Young Adult literature.

Falling Under - Gwen Hayes I was in for a rude awakening with this book! I thought I knew exactly where this was going. But I didn't! And now that I have read it, I understand the cover - red dress and black roses.

I liked that Theia is English because it gave room for the some cute nicknames (English) and some interesting jargon that she uses. And I think it explains for the most part why she and Haden can talk the way that they do. I'm not sure the typical American teenager would have been so keen on him using the archetypal words that he did.

For the most part though, it was just an okay read for me. Haden seemed like a genuine jerk (not "the guy who just pretends to be a jerk") and bordered on the creepy side i.e. he flat out told her that he was obsessed with her. Not be to mean or anything, but other than her innocence..what is he attracted to? Her ability to lose herself in her violin? I found her a little lacking in the interesting department and nothing to be head-over-heels about.

You'll like this book if you're a super hardcore paranormal fan.