Sash

Sash from Sash & Em

I run a blog with my best friend, Em - we love Young Adult literature.

Die for Me - Amy Plum Hm, I feel very torn on this book. It was and wasn't what I was expecting and I'm not sure if that's why I was left feeling like I both liked it and didn't like it at the end. I knew that this was going to be a paranormal YA novel and while I was thinking at the beginning of the story that Vincent was one particular type of paranormal creature, he actually turned out to be something that I've never ever heard of before. With that said, serious points to Amy Plum for coming up with something very original.

The characters were fleshed out and I was able to get a sense of who they were as individuals and what roles they played in the group dynamic. However, in the end I think what really turned me away from this book was the lack of character development at the beginning of the book. Within the first 30 pages or so, Vincent and Kate are pining for each other. I wanted to get to know Kate as an individual before trying to link her forever to Vincent.

Now yes, I know that there are people who are attracted to each other and fall in love at first sight. I'm just saying that I didn't get a feel for who Kate was before she met Vincent and I think that it is important to know pre-Vincent Kate in order for the reader to appreciate the changes that she goes through in this novel.

Intriguing for me was the dynamic of Kate and Jules. I'm interested to see how their friendship turns out. I'll be picking up the second installment, Until I Die, for that and to see what adventures lie ahead for Kate.

*Side Note: I have never been to Paris, but this book made me want to go.