Sash

Sash from Sash & Em

I run a blog with my best friend, Em - we love Young Adult literature.

Hourglass - Myra McEntire WHY did I wait so long to read this book?! 3-4 weeks after it debuted - as far as I'm concerned this was 3-4 weeks too late! I picked up an ARC of this at ALA (it was already published at the time) and had forgotten that I also pre-ordered it for my Kindle. My subconscious was obviously telling me to READ this book. And once I started, it was nearly impossible to put down.

I think what got me was the SciFi-ness of it. Right now dystopia and paranormal are all the rage (not that I don't like those!) but for me reading Sci-Fi is SO MUCH FUN.

The best part about this book was the scientific jargony theories stuffs. Oh, that sentence sounds so unintelligent but that's what comes to mind! I could definitely tell that not only did Myra do her research in time-space-continuum theories, but she is also EXTREMELY creative. It is always so great have those "OHHH! yeah I get it!" moments while reading. And it is also always great to have a read that's very intricate but not too confusing. Ms. McEntire found that sweet spot and it's a hard one to find! For that reason and at least a dozen more (well thought out characters, awesome plot, smooth dialogue, HOT boys..ahem Kaleb!, as well as unexpected twists and turns), this book should be marked a MUST-READ!