Sash

Sash from Sash & Em

I run a blog with my best friend, Em - we love Young Adult literature.

Eve (Eve Trilogy Series #1) - Anna Carey Eve has lived most of her life within the confines of a boarding school-esque type place where she has happily gone along with whatever they told her to do (including taking medicine and getting shots). She is the top of the class - the prettiest girl - you get the picture. But then one day she sees what happens to the girls after they graduate and it is so horrible that she decides to run away...into the unknown. There, she encounters another runaway, people who hide runaways, and a clan of boys.

This book's premise is a good one. It had all the things that I was looking for in a dystopian society. It had a terrible plague that wiped out most of the population. It had a government that was doing terrible things to their young people. It had love and heartbreak at the end of the novel. But for me, I don't know..this one just didn't stand out enough for me to LOVE it. I liked it and I read it one day but at the end I didn't feel like I NEEDED to know what was going to happen next. I do, however, think that I will pick up the next installment of this series...maybe.

I had just finished reading two very happy-go-lucky books and so maybe I wasn't ready to leave them behind when I immersed myself into this dark, dystopian world. So take my review with a grain of salt.