Sash

Sash from Sash & Em

I run a blog with my best friend, Em - we love Young Adult literature.

Ditched: A Love Story - Robin Mellom Ditched is told in kind of a Quentin Tarantino-esque manner. We begin at the end of the story. Justina's prom dress has about a 10 stains on it when she walks into a gas station the morning after her prom, at which she was ditched by her best friend and date, Ian. Through flashbacks, we see just how Justina ended up like this.

This book is SO FLIPPIN CUTE. I mean, Justina is naive without being annoying and I automatically wanted to take her under my wing, like I would a baby sister. She has an interesting mother (seriously, who thinks matching blue shoes to a blue dress with blue accessories is EVER a good idea?!) and a cutie-pie boy BFF. And as she told her story of how her prom was a total disaster, I couldn't help but laugh and simultaneously groan and feel bad for her. Poor girl!

This was exactly what I was looking for. It's fun fun fun contemporary that is light-hearted and an all-around good time. It reminded me a lot of a Molly Ringwald 80s movie and I thoroughly enjoyed it.