Sash

Sash from Sash & Em

I run a blog with my best friend, Em - we love Young Adult literature.

The Lonely Hearts Club - Elizabeth Eulberg Penny Lane is a quirky and fun girl who had the cutest little relationship with her parents' best friends' son. And everything was going well until he was a jerk! Now Penny Lane is heartbroken and has sworn off boys. And when other girls who are in similar situations hear about her ban of the boys, they want to join in. So what will come from all this girl power? Is it all too much?

This book is so cute. I adored Penny Lane throughout the entire thing and although she is a little oblivious to the world around her, I found her endearing. Can I also say THANK YOU to Ms. Eulberg for making girl characters who, in some situations, could have been bratty but weren't. From the ups and downs of relationships, friendships, and high school live in general, Ms. Eulberg got the overall feeling of a heartbroken teenage girl PERFECT.

And while this is definitely more character driven, I know that I was waiting for that "big moment", the one where realization dawns on Penny Lane and the story is wrapped up perfectly.

If you're a fan of feel-good books, this is one to read!