Sash

Sash from Sash & Em

I run a blog with my best friend, Em - we love Young Adult literature.

Grave Mercy - Robin LaFevers Grave Mercy is the story of a young lamb (13/14 year old girl) who becomes a strong, independent 16/17 year old woman (A WOLF!) who is a trained assassin and carries out the will of her own Breton god (think Wanted with Angelina Jolie).

Lately, every time I’ve picked up something outside my “comfort zone”, I have been blown away by how awesome it is! I’ve been more into the Contemporary sub-genre lately and don’t consider myself to be a historical fiction fan or a fantasy (urban, high, etc) fan AT ALL. The only historical fiction stories that I’ve read were The Vespertine and Born Wicked – 2 books out of the how many I’ve read in the past 2 years? EXACTLY. As for fantasy, I don’t know, I’m just not big into it – or atleast I didn’t used to be!! I am hooked now, and after reading Grave Mercy, I picked up Graceling and Fire by Kristin Cashore. Grave Mercy isn’t High Fantasy or anything like that but if you’re looking to whet your appetite for fantasy, it’s the way to go.

If you want some action packed, swoon-worthy romantic, light fantasy and some historical fiction all rolled into one, Grave Mercy is the book for you. I absolutely loved it.