Sash

Sash from Sash & Em

I run a blog with my best friend, Em - we love Young Adult literature.

Blood Red Road - Moira Young Saba and her family live in a desolate wasteland and when her brother goes missing, she goes on a quest to find him. Along the way, she gains sidekicks (whether she wants to or not) and sees that there is, in fact, “civilization” outside of her home. Holy wow, yall. Saba is one bad mother —-! With the blurb on the cover saying that this is “better than The Hunger Games”, Blood Red Road had a lot to live up to. But did it actually meet my expectations? YES, it did.

It was so unique. I listened to it on audiobook and it was clear that Saba had a heavy accent. I’ve talked to people who have read the book and they have said that the frequent mispellings to show the accent were very distracting so if that’s something that you think might distract you, definitely try the audiobook. I really enjoyed the voice actor.

Blood Red Road was beautifully crafted and I can’t wait to read its sequel, Rebel Heart, which comes out in October 30th, 2012. Fans of Graceling’s Katsa and The Hunger Games’ Katniss, will love Saba!