Sash

Sash from Sash & Em

I run a blog with my best friend, Em - we love Young Adult literature.

Embers and Echoes - Karsten Knight As you know, I absolutely adored Ash and the gang in last year’s Wildefire, and I’m happy to say that I enjoyed Embers and Echoes as well (even if lots of my favorite characters weren’t really in this book. Sad Sasha!).

Karsten Knight took us away from the boarding school setting and brought us to the “sizzling beaches of Miami” and I enjoyed the setting change. It helped me visualize how much change has gone on in Ash’s life since she figured out that she was a reincarnated goddess. And while I enjoyed new characters – hello, Wes – I missed the old ones too! It was interesting trying to see how the overall arc was being formed in this sequel and I enjoyed this book’s arc standing alone. Also, can I just say that I think Karsten writes such high action scenes SUPERBLY. I felt myself on the edge of my seat and couldn’t wait to see what the next blow/punch/action was going to be. I loved it. And OH MY, the twist and turns and WHAT THE HECKs.

This book is high intensity and does not suffer from “middle book syndrome” at all. I can’t wait to see how this all ends.