Sash

Sash from Sash & Em

I run a blog with my best friend, Em - we love Young Adult literature.

Love and Leftovers - Sarah Tregay Love and Leftovers follows Marcie as she gets used to the idea that her "summer" vacation to New Hampshire has become her new permanent residence, after her parents get separated. This is mainly the story about how Marcie deals with this move; how her friendships and her relationships are affected.

My FIRST VERSE novel! I was SO excited. I didn't know what I'd be in for, but I really enjoyed it and I feel like this really set the bar high for future verse novels. I was amazed at how easy it was to follow the story of Marcie even though each page has a concise and tight thought.

I liked the story of Marcie and I really liked how much she grew throughout the novel. Did she make the "right choices"? No, not by any means but she learned from her mistakes and I appreciated her honesty (at the end). Also, the theme of the book is one that really resonated with me: Can you truly know what love is, unless you've lost it? An age old question tackled in a modern world and I loved it!