Sash

Sash from Sash & Em

I run a blog with my best friend, Em - we love Young Adult literature.

Forever - Maggie Stiefvater When I started Shiver, I was skeptical of this whole werewolf thing and was just hoping that the book didn't let me down too much. I had no idea that I would fall in love with this story. It was one of those subtle loves; it crept up on me and before I knew it this love was full-blown. Next, I read Linger and I laughed with Grace - I cried with Sam - My heart went out to Isabel - and for the most part, I did not understand nor did I like Cole.

Then I read Forever. And in this heart-wrenching read, I found myself adoring Cole - crying with Isabel - and my heart going out to both Sam and Grace. Who knew that four very different characters could elicit so many emotions from me?

Maybe it was the way that Forever was written that made me feel so anxious and on-edge during the entire book. Some of the chapters are extremely short and you don't know exactly what's going on with that character and then it just cuts out. The next chapter switches POV and so you're left hanging as to what's happened with Cole, Grace, Sam, or Isabel. Things are happening simultaneously so I understand why it made sense to switch back and forth but at times I thought I was going to be ripped apart from the worry/anxiety.

Forever in 3 words? Heartbreaking. Love. SAM.