Sash

Sash from Sash & Em

I run a blog with my best friend, Em - we love Young Adult literature.

The Future of Us - Jay Asher, Carolyn Mackler Okay, seriously. This book has the two things I love most - the 90's and Facebook. So when you combine them, will you get something awesome?

The answer is YES!

I loved this book. It's the story of Emma and Josh, two best friends who log onto AOL in 1996 and discover themselves on Facebook 15 years in the future. And they find that their lives don't turn out exactly how they thought they would - for better or for worse. When they realize what their futures are, their reactions and intentional actions begin to alter their futures.

I think what really made this book, for me, was Josh. He was level-headed, grounded, and an all-around sweet guy. He's the boy next door - a la Cricket Bell. I felt like I could see where he was coming from and why he did the things he did. Emma on the other hand. Oh boy.. She was selfish, whiny, and a brat at times! If things weren't exactly how she wanted them, she would act like a baby! I guess I could kind of see why she acted like she did, but it sure did annoy me!

I really think fans of all things 90's will appreciate the subtle reminders of those awesome years. And if you're a fan of Jay Asher's 13 Reasons Why, you'll love The Future of Us!