Sash

Sash from Sash & Em

I run a blog with my best friend, Em - we love Young Adult literature.

Looking for Alaska - John Green Looking for Alaska is a book that I wish I would have read during my junior or senior year of high school. Heck, even the summer before college or right when I got to college. I think it is a perfect read for someone who is between the ages of 16 and 18, when most people are going through this awkward phase of halfway between a kid and a young adult. However I will say that having read it at the age of 23, not only did I completely understand where the narrator, Miles, was coming from, but I felt like I appreciated this book so much more than I would have at 16.

This was my second John Green book and I have to say that I really admire his writing style. It's gets to you - right at your heart. And it's fantastic.

While this book is very mature (content wise), I would recommend to an older teen who is looking for a good read. And I would definitely recommend it to people out there who think Young Adult literature is "childish" so that they can eat their words.