Sash

Sash from Sash & Em

I run a blog with my best friend, Em - we love Young Adult literature.

Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins Updated 9/1/2012: 2nd reading of this novel and it filled me with more happiness than the first time. I was able to get a better feel for the minor characters (Rash, Josh, and Mer) and loved them - I would read about their own adventures as well. Of course, I fell in love with St. Clair and I can't believe I forgot how much I adore Anna. Still love this book as much (if not more) than I did the first time I read it.

My first "Chick-Lit" book. If you're wary, DON'T BE! It doesn't matter if you don't think Chick-Lit will be for you or not - you will adore this book. I have been on a YA Contemp binge lately and this has been my favorite so far.

A short list (from a long list) of things that I loved:

Perkins' writing style is free-flowing, nice, and true to the heart of a teenage girl.

Anna is likable. Is she perfect? No, but she is imperfectly perfect. I want Anna as my best friend.

The idea that home can be a PERSON, and not a place.

This book made me feel warm and fuzzy and just plain HAPPY. I smiled while I was reading this book - not (always) a giddy "hehehe - he's so cute" smile - but a genuine smile. That, above all, is what made me fall in love with Anna and the French Kiss.

Tatiana from GoodReads recommends this book for fans of Meg Cabot and I couldn't agree more.