Sash

Sash from Sash & Em

I run a blog with my best friend, Em - we love Young Adult literature.

Siege and Storm - Leigh Bardugo Middle Book Syndrome? You know – the lull in between the first and third book of a trilogy – yeah, Siege and Storm is the anti-thesis of Middle Book Syndrome. The Darkling is as creepy as ever (and I kind of loved it), Mal is soo annoying (seriously – GROW UP), and OOOH – could there be a THIRD love interest? Alina, girl, get your hormones under control. Of course, there *is* always polygamy. Have them all!

In my review of the first book, I talked about how I was pulled in by the Darkling and I felt that exact same pull in this book. He’s the most well-written character in the series – he has dimension. I still find myself questioning if he’s good or bad or what his intentions even are – I love that he keeps me guessing.

I could barely put Siege and Storm down and when I was nearing the end of the book, the only reason why I slowed down was because when it was over, well, it’d be over and the third book isn’t available until next year! (Also, HAHA, I say “slow down” but it took me 1.5 days to read this book and during the workweek no less.)

This series is definitely plot driven with mini-quests in each book that are on the path of the mega-quest. I kind of like how the reader is in the know of what the next goal is, without knowing how Alina will achieve the goal – it makes the reader’s curiosity come to a point that they simply MUST know and will definitely be waiting on release day for the next installment. And yes, I’ll be one of those people. Well, played, Ms. Bardugo. Well played.