Sash

Sash from Sash & Em

I run a blog with my best friend, Em - we love Young Adult literature.

The Dream Thieves - Maggie Stiefvater Every single time I read one of Maggie Stiefvater’s books, I sit there afterward and think, to myself, two things:

1. How does she do it?!
2. She can’t possible outdo that.

While I don’t think I’ll ever know the answer to number one, I have come to grips with the fact that she will, indeed, end up topping her last book with the most recent one.

There is just so much to love about this series as a whole – the romance (OMG, there is a KISS in this book. THAT KISS.), the mystery, the originality. But it’s the characters that really get to me – especially Ronan. He’s so complex for a teenager and if you’ve read the last line of The Raven Boys, I know that you’re dying (like I was) to read The Dream Thieves and learn more about Ronan (don’t worry, because you definitely learn more about him).

This series took a turn that I didn’t really see coming (although I’m not entirely sure what I thought the direction would be) and I’m most interested to see how Ronan’s story melds with the overall quest for Glendower (some was explained in this book but I want more!). And I’m also interested in how the other characters will factor in – and what their fates will be!

Here is the perfect song for this book (in my opinion):

What you got what you got in your hand? – a father said to son
I got the whole world here Daddy between my fingers and my thumb
Well you take care of it please – it’s the only one

-Dave Matthews Band, “Raven”

Side note: I think this would make a GREAT TV show!

This review can also be found at Sash & Em: A Tale of Two Bookies.