Sash

Sash from Sash & Em

I run a blog with my best friend, Em - we love Young Adult literature.

Wings (Wings, #1)

Wings (Wings, #1) - Aprilynne Pike More like 2.5 stars.

My name is Sash but you can call me 'Team Best Friend'. I am, without a doubt, almost always pulling for the best friend in the love triangle. Well, what do you do when BOTH boys are the best friend? You don't know which one to choose - that's what. Sigh, now that I've gotten my initial AHH moment out of the way, let me tell you about some of the great things that I really enjoyed about this novel.

The only child-ism of this novel. Yes, I realize that most of you reading this right now are, in fact, not only children; however, for me personally I could really identify with Laurel when she talked about the interactions between herself and her parents. Just saying, there is no one else to pass blame/attention onto in certain situations.

The easy-readness. If you're looking for a quick, easy and fun read - look no further. I picked up this book to read before going to bed and then looked up 3 hours later to find myself fully immersed in Wings!

The boys. David and Tam are very cute. Each in their own way. David is sturdy and real. Tam is exciting and kind of forbidden.

Even though there was a "bad guy" in this book, I felt like the story was more about Laurel and her recognition and acceptance that she is not who she thought she was.